Saturday, November 17, 2012

State your beauty...don't make it fast.


    Almost every little girls' dream is to be exquisitely beautiful on the most special day of her life...her wedding day. Generally, a little girl will know what kind of dress she wants, where she wants to get married, who she wants in her wedding, how she will wear her hair, what colors she will have, and quite possibly, who the groom will be by the time she is anywhere from 9-12 years old. Although all of these factors are variables and change throughout the years, it never gets pushed out of a girls' mind. 

    Having gotten married just over a month ago, I can safely say that all of my ideas and thoughts I had carefully prepared my whole life, took no part in the finished product called The Wedding Day and it was still perfect!

     Now, speaking of my wedding day and going back to being exquisitely beautiful on that day...I don't think that's just a little girls' dream. That's something that continues into adulthood. Brides rarely hold back appointing someone to do their hair and make up. They go on crazy diets to be the shape they want for that one day. Brides can plan for months, even years sometimes for that perfect look (among other things to plan of course). There's facials and manicures and pedicures and hair removal and body wraps and steaming and hair coloring and cutting... the list goes on; all in preparation for those few hours... and don't forget waking up at the crack of dawn to start getting ready! The result? Perfection. I've never yet seen a bride that I thought "If only she waxed that upper lip before today..." or "Chipped nail polish must be in." Nope. It's all taken care of. Or hidden if forgotten. 

    My question in all of this is... why work so hard to be so beautiful on your wedding day and then settle for mediocrity the rest of your life? This is not to say you must spend 5 hours every day preening yourself before the mirror. I'd get very bored of my face if I did! (Actually, on a side note...you'd begin to think of yourself negatively if you spent too much time in the mirror. After once complaining of an atrociously sized zit that was threatening to ruin my very existence, my wise daddy told me, "You know how when you look at a word for too long, it looks like it's spelled incorrectly? That's what's happened to you. You look in a mirror too often and you only see what you think is wrong with you." Wise words, Dad!) So, back to my point; being beautiful shouldn't be limited to your wedding day. There is nothing wrong with being beautiful all the time! When God created Eve, Adam wrote a poem on the spot, just looking at her!

    Beauty isn't black and white. It's an individual idea but it is making a statement. Every hair or clothes style, every kind of look, every piece of clothing, jewelry, purse, belt, shoe; they make a statement about you. Whether it be intentional or not, the way you look, subconsciously peaks to others about who you are before they've even met you. You may think this shallow or judgmental but it's just human nature. So, why not take a little extra time to decide what your look should state.  I don't know about you, but I'd like to decide what I say about me. And it's that I'm fun and friendly and happy, or I'd like to think I am!

So, that is the LONG way of explaining why I named my blog "State Your Beauty" and I'll be posting regularly with ideas and tutorials for hair styles, make up and nail polish mostly with maybe a few other things scattered between! 


14 comments:

  1. I love this post, Britt! Makes me wanna go put on cute clothes and some make up. (But cute clothes means a shopping trip. Sigh...it's a rough life but someone has to do it!) ...and makes me wanna have you come right this minute and do my roots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this blog developing!! I will be a regular reader. I love you and miss you my beautiful sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! And when u take the extra time to look nice, you feel more confident. Now if only I could apply this to everyday and not just Sundays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britt, that picture is exquisite!! And I'm so excited that you have a blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited I got 4 contents on my first post!!
    Mom: that gives me an idea for a post...cute clothes without shopping... hmmm

    Claressa: I love and miss youto! You were some of the inspiration to start this blog btw!

    Kara: haha I feel ya! Which actually gives me ANOTHER post idea...the off day..ha ideas ideas!

    Shanna: thank you! I felt the picture was making quite a statement itself haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm this makes me think I should start giving half a crap about my appearance! I usually don't even get a shower uninterrupted by a certain baby, so everything else goes out te window... But on the rare days I do get mascara on my face, I feel like a beauty queen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha well I think you have the cutest, valid excuse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another small benefiet to taking that little extra time is that it (wheather you realize it or not) the men in the lives of these women experience a greater sense of pride,appreciation and are encouraged to become more sensative and thoughtful.Its a Major blessing and can really improve a mans day morning or evening.Now I know the thought "eww those pigs, only showing interest if im all dressed up" well not so much. When my wife feels confident in herself because of the the investment into her "statment"(look)I feel confident in her.The confidence she has makes me happy and increases my mood.I think my wife is the most beatiful thing on this planet and when she feels that way too, it causes me to swell with pride as we walk together in public and encourages me to remind her that i love her; not beacause shes all dressed up and beautiful but because she loves me and shows that by taking care of herself.Like it or not women, men are visual creatures,and if you have one,doing little things like this for YOURSELF first, will also be a blessing to him =) love you babe:*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you babe!!! ^ That's my husband right der! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!! That's the sweetest comment and compliment! Love what your daddy said...it's so true! What you said at the end about husbands feeling great and happy because their wife is, is one of the things I want to include in the survey for men because of something my husband told me, which shall not yet be revealed ;) Speaking of which, my husband will be home in half an hour...time to get ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blog. Feel like this could be a good way to get to know you better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosa Benson: Thanks...at first I was like, who's Rosa? haha. We could also get to know each other better by like, hanging out and stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brittney,great post. You look stunning in this picture as well. Excited and anxious to read more:)

    ReplyDelete